Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Mania Revel

out on Eternal Warfare A damn fine label.

Mania never ceases to amaze me from the first time I saw a "Mania set" in Nate's (aka Mania) basement I had no idea what to expect or what the fuck a "Mania set" was going to be. It would be something that changed my view on one man musical projects and what you can do live as a solo artist. Since then all of the recordings I've tracked down have never dissapointed. Revel continues on with the tradition except this release has alot more musical progression going on if you ask me. This is by far my favorite release yet and the music speaks for itself.

I don't know how many fucking guitar tracks he's used on some of these pieces but the harmonies are ridiculous adding an intense ethereal, otherworldly sound to the always harnessed chaos that Mania does so well. Stand out tracks are "The Storm" "Mirror" "Portals" and "Letting go". This album is much more trance induced and hypnotic leaving you with a sense of space and cosmic fury! Black metal to the infinite and beyond! Job well done my friend. Watch out for a vinyl release sometime this year.

No comments: