Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cathedral- Forest of Equilibrium (2xcd) digpack reissue

"Return to the Forest was filmed in Coventry in 2009 with the key original band members. It features an interview with famous cover artist, Dave Patchett; an in depth exploration of the formation of Cathedral; and the recording of ‘Forest of Equilibrium’ and the record's impact on the metal scene"



This is by far my favorite Cathedral album, In fact one of the first "newer" Doom bands to catch my attention. Amazing release full of evil riffing and Dorrian's voice was at its best! Those melodies still make the hair (which happens to be a lot at the moment) on my body stand up. If you havnt bought this release pick up this newer version, i dont think they fucked with the recording at all (which is a good thing) Hail Cathedral and the Forest of Equilibrium

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have be familiar with a scarcely any of the articles on your website now, and I unqualifiedly like your tastefulness of blogging. I added it to my favorites trap stage muster and will be checking back soon. Please report register out of order my position as approvingly and vindicate me conscious what you think. Thanks.

SpeedWolf said...

Thanks for reading. Keep reading. I will be sure to keep you informed. and ask questions if there is any thing you are interested in that i may be covering or not covering.